inc. – artist incubation project 2017 directed and produced by kuniko kato arts project.
Artistic Director: Kuniko Kato
Venue: Kunitachi Civic Theater
Project outline is to perform concerts, lectures, and workshops for 3 days using the entire venue. The event is titled as inc. percussion days 2017 and themed on ‘challenge to theater pieces’.
1. inc. recitals – half concert at theater
2. Theater performances
3. Grand concert – Kuniko Kato Percussion Recital.
The performance revives the theatre piece directed by renown theatre director, Satoshi Miyagi for Kuniko. (premiered in 2006)
4. inc. marimba recitals
5. inc. live performance using the entrance hall
6. inc. special study – “Learning Pleiades (I. Xenakis) vol. 2” lectured by Kuniko Kato
7. inc. body works – “explore Noh movement” lectured by Nobuo Nakasho, leading actor, Kanze school.
The Sunday Times described ‘Meticulous and muscular performances, at once elemental and elegant. Brilliant.’
Whilst the world authority of music Gramophone praised ‘Kuniko passes this rite triumphantly.’
Kuniko Kato is one of the world leading percussion virtuoso from Japan.
She was graduated from Rotterdam Conservatorium with magna cum laude as the first percussionist in school history.
Kuniko is the only Japanese artist who releases the albums from world renowned audio label Linn Records from UK. And also the global endorser of Pearl and ADAMS (NL).
Kuniko Kato Arts Project
4-21-17-105 Nishi-Ikebukuro, Toshima- ku, Tokyo 171-0021
Kunitachi Civic Theater (Kunitachi City, Tokyo)