Tokyo Bunka Kaikan’s music workshop program was born out of the desire to get more people enjoying the wonder of music in more casual and accessible ways. The aim of the initiative is to nurture generosity and richness of spirit through participatory workshops that foster self expression and communication skills, and raise awareness and interest in music and the arts.
Tokyo Bunka Kaikan’s workshops are participatory education programs open to anyone from children to adults. In them, people will develop their creativity and spirit of cooperation while they experience the joy of genre transcending music.
“Workshop Concert – Violin & Cello & Piano”
Interactive concert by seeing, listening, and experiencing
13:00-14:00 (Open 12:30)
Venue: Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Recital Hall
Participants: 6 months-6 years old (pre-school children) with caregivers and families
Capacity: Approx. 500
Artists:Shiori Sakurai (Tokyo Bunka Kaikan workshop leaders), Fumie Kato (Cello), Gentaro Kagitomi (Violin), Kae Ozawa (Piano)
“One Day Session”
Let’s create music with the workshop leaders!
15:00-16:00 (Check-in 14:30-15:00)
Venue: Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Recital Hall
Participants: Elementary school students-Adults
Capacity: Approx. 40
Workshop leaders: Emi Isono, Ayako Noguchi (Tokyo Bunka Kaikan workshop leaders)
Let’s open the wonder treasure boxes under the sea!
Open a pair of wonder treasure boxes with your friends under the sea filled with music!
(1)10:30-11:15 (Check-in 10:00-10:20): 3-4 years old with 1 companion *Sold out
(2)12:00-12:45 (Check-in 11:30-11:50): 5-6 years old(pre-school children) with 1 companion *Sold out
(3)14:30-15:15 (Check-in 14:00-14:20): 3-6 years old(pre-school children with hearing impairment) with up to 2 companions
*Brief Japanese sign language interpretation is provided. Children with any level of hearing loss including profoundly deaf can enjoy this program!
Venue: Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Rehearsal Room
Capacity: (1)(2) Approx. 20, (3) Approx. 15
(1)(2) Shiori Sakurai, Ayako Noguchi (Tokyo Bunka Kaikan workshop leaders)
(3) Shiori Sakurai, Ayako Noguchi, Nobutaka Yoshizawa (Tokyo Bunka Kaikan workshop leaders)
Each workshop is designed for a specific age range. Please refrain from bringing small children other than the workshop participants (such as siblings), as the presence of children of other ages will hinder the progress of the workshop.
[On February 3]
– Please come to foyer of the Recital Hall.
– Nursing room is available. (only for “Workshop Concert -Violin & Cello & Piano”)
[On March 2]
– Please come downstairs from the stairs on the right of Ticket counter for the Main Hall. Workshop staffs will escort you to the reception desk.
– Companions (Junior high school students or older) are required to purchase tickets.
– Check-in will start 30 minutes prior to the designated start time. Allow enough time between arrival and the check-in which requires some time for event insurance registration (the fee is included in the ticket) and for moving to the rehearsal room.
– The admission ages are determined as of the actual date of the event.
– Late-comers are not allowed to enter once the workshop has started. Please allow enough time to get into the venue.
– There are certain movements for a pair of one child and one companion during some of the workshops. Please note that the staffs cannot assist in case 2 children participate with one companion.
– Due to unavoidable circumstances, all workshop programs are subject to last-minute changes and cancellations.
– Photography and video recording may occur during the workshop.
– Child care service is available (reservation and fee required).
Event Child Care Service: Mothers 0120-788-222
For workshop on February 3, reservation must be made by 17:00 on Fri, Jan 25. For workshop on March 2, reservation must be made by 17:00 on Fri, Feb 22.
Tickets on sale on Sunday, October 28
Tickets for “Let’s open the wonder treasure boxes under the sea!” starting at 10:30 and 12:00 are sold out.
– Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Ticket Service (TEL/Ticket counter)
*Online ticket is only available for “Workshop Concert – Violin & Cello & Piano”
* Only available for “Workshop Concert – Violin & Cello & Piano”
Tokyo Bunka Kaikan, Production Section