Arts Council Tokyo and the Tokyo Culture Creation Project are merging to form a new Arts Council Tokyo on 1 April 2015.
By combining Arts Council Tokyo with the Tokyo Culture Creation Project, We seek to create a more robust infrastructure and environment for the organization that plays a central role in Tokyo’s cultural policy.
- We implement five programs including grant programs that support artistic and cultural activities as well as creation programs conducted in cooperation with artistic and cultural organizations and arts NPOs.
- We launch new grant programs.
- We implement preliminary projects with an eye toward the Tokyo 2020 Games.
- Projects will be developed strategically under a two-department, four-section structure, including a planning department that carries out support programs and international network programs, and a project promotion department that carries out creation programs.
- A new task force responsible for Tokyo 2020 cultural strategy will be created to play a leading role in preliminary projects that prepare for the 2020.
- Staffing and budget will be bolstered to enhance organizational structure and functions.
A full press release is available here