At this concert, a little different from other regular classical music concerts, you do not have to be completely silent or sit tight. Let’s enjoy with everyone, including people with disabilities or specific conditions feeling insecure to attend concerts.
Stay tuned as the detailed program and instructions for families and caregivers will be posted accordingly on the Official Website 3 weeks before the performance.
Relaxed performances, different from other regular stage performances, are designed for the audience to enjoy the program without requiring total silence or darkness. Full of friendly twists are welcoming you to enjoy music with all kinds of people, including first-time classical music concert-goers, individuals with autism spectrum disorder, developmental disabilities, and so on, who feel insecure at concerts in music halls.
– The auditorium light will not go completely dark.
– The audience can leave the auditorium during the performance for chill-out.
– The capacity of the auditorium is reduced beforehand to ensure that the audience can sit keeping enough personal space.
– The detailed program and instructions for families and caregivers will be posted accordingly on this page 3 weeks before the performance.
– Seats with body-sensible acoustic device are available.
– The talk during the performance is provided in Japanese.
Piano: KOBAYASHI Kaito *2nd prize of Piano section at the 11th Tokyo Music Competition
String Quartet: HONO Quartet
Violin: KISHIMOTO Honoka *1st prize of String section at the 9th Tokyo Music Competition
Violin: HAYASHI Shuga
Viola: NAGATA Kenshi
Cello: KANIE Yoshiyuki
MC: SAKURAI Shiori (Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Workshop Leader)
MUSSORGSKY: “Promenade” from Tableaux d’une exposition
ELGAR: Salut d’amour, Op.12
DVOŘÁK: Piano Quintet No.2 in A major, Op.81-4th movement
[Starts on sale on Saturday, July 31 2021]
Reserved Seats (will call) 1,100yen
(Wheelchair accessible seats, wheelchair transfer seats, and seats with body-sensible acoustic device are available.)
*Collecting your ticket with seating number assigned is available 1 hour before the curtain time at the reception desk on the day of the performance. Please note ticket holders cannot select the seat.
Seats with body-sensible acoustic device for deaf and hard-of-hearing people
This performance provides seats with body-sensible acoustic device, which enables physical sensation from sound converted into vibration, so that deaf and hard-of-hearing people and their families or caregivers can sit together to enjoy music.
Body-sensible acoustic device “Bodysonic” Seats (about 20 seats)
The seat is equipped with a set of pouch and seat cushion installed with a vibrating device. By transferring vibration to the user’s body, the device assists deaf and hard-of-hearing users, including those with hearing loss wearing hearing aids or those with adventitious deafness, to enjoy music with the whole body along with sounds perceived from headphones and hearing loops. Those with congenital deafness can enjoy music with only the vibration provided by the device.
– Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Box Office
*Tickets for wheelchair accessible seats, wheelchair transfer seats, and seats with body-sensible acoustic device are only available by telephone and in person.
・Telephone Relay Service
https://nftrs.or.jp/ (only available in Japanese)
*Children under 4 years of age are not admitted.
*Child care service is available. (Reservation and fee required. A limited number of children is accepted.)
Event Child Care Service: Mother’s 0120-788-222
Reservation must be made by 17:00 on Wednesday, October 27
*The parking space at the venue is not allowed to use. Please contact us if you need to park wheelchair accessible vehicles.
*The program is subject to change under certain circumstances.
Please follow the below measures to help prevent the COVID-19 spread. Your understanding and cooperation are much appreciated.
– We ask you not to come to the venue if you seem to have symptoms such as a fever, cough, sneezing, sore throat, or simply not feeling well.
– Wear a face mask to cover your nose and mouth. Please show consideration for fellow audience members.
– Strictly follow the precautions against infectious diseases such as the cough etiquette and washing and disinfecting your hands frequently.
– Our staff members conduct temperature screening with thermal imaging cameras for all those who are entering the venue. If you have a fever of 37.5°C/99.5°F or higher, you are not allowed to enter the venue.
– No beverage is sold in the Recital Hall area.
– Show your ticket to the usher. Then tear off the stub by yourself and put it in the box.
– We do not hand out program leaflets and such printed materials. Please pick them up by yourself from specific areas.
– The cloakroom is not available.
– We do not accept flowers and gifts for the artists. Nor can you give them directly to the artists.
– Allow enough time to get into the venue.
Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Box Office
Wednesday, November 3 2021, 14:00-15:00 (Doors open at 13:15) No intermission