The lecturer TANAKAWA Hiroko is a stage musician especially renowned for various works at the SPAC (Shizuoka Performing Arts Center) and new Kabuki productions. With her guidance, we are going to learn the essence of running creative activities involving people from a variety of backgrounds by integrating music and drama (words).
While staying close to the various problems and issues that the training attendees are facing, we will look into the following:
– how to help all the people involved in a creative activity enjoy music
– how to prepare the grounding for those participants to perform music
– how to create enough “margins” so that everyone can participate (or be involved in the place).
There are a growing need and increasing attention for activities which spotlight the diversity in the arts in recent years. Such movement introduced legislation for promoting art activities for people with disabilities.
At the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan, we provide professional musicians with practical and logical training to develop personnel who can run socially diverse art activities with higher qualities.
First Half Session
Play Script (Drama) = Music Score
– Case studies around children, community theaters, special needs classes, school plays, and child care facilities
– Hints to create a story, script, and drama, which can be the foundation for all the participants while also keeping all the members involved in the creation process
– What is needed to be done before starting to perform music together
Second Half Session
Play and music, dialogue and music
– Insights about music and play from the case studies of the production “Antigone”
– Let’s challenge rhythm training with actors
– Let’s create music along with dialogue of a play
* The same program will be held on both dates. Please select either one of those dates.
* Please do not be exceedingly late or participate only in partial sessions.
* Please join with easy-to-move outfits.
TANAKAWA Hiroko (Stage Musician)
Those who are currently active as professionals including orchestra members, professional musicians, workshop leaders, and music facilitators.
approx. 12 per day (Advance application on a first-come, first-served basis)
1,100yen (Payment must be made on the day of the training.)
*The form is only in Japanese.
Monday, September 20 – Friday, November 12, 2021
* First-come, first-served basis. The application will be closed once the application number reaches the limit.
* The training is conducted only in Japanese.
* Photography and video recording will occur during the session for our reports, publicity materials, and other communication tools including SNS.
* The program is subject to change under certain circumstances.
Tokyo Bunka Kaikan, Production Section
Friday, November 19 2021 13:00-18:00 (Check-in 12:30)
Thursday, November 25 2021 13:00-18:00 (Check-in 12:30)