Visual Thinking Strategies (VTS) is the current base of the art education programs organized by institutions including the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York, USA. We are going to learn the communication style to deepen the music-listening experience for beginners.
So let’s take up this communication technique and make the audience feel the joy and profundity of classical music.
There are a growing need and increasing attention for activities which spotlight the diversity in the arts in recent years. Such movement introduced legislation for promoting art activities for people with disabilities.
At the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan, we provide professional musicians with practical and logical training to develop personnel who can run socially diverse art activities with higher qualities.
Experience the Visual Thinking Strategies for artwork viewing
What is the Visual Thinking Strategies?
Why does it have to be the Visual Thinking Strategies?
Case Studies of the Visual Thinking Strategies for music listening in Japan
Experience the Visual Thinking Strategies for music listening
Questions for deepening the listening experience and paraphrases for strengthening the listeners’ autonomy
Let’s try the role of a facilitator *An assignment is given to the participants prior to the session.
Review and Q & A session
* The same program will be held on both dates. Please apply for either one of the dates.
* It is not acceptable to be exceedingly late for the sessions or to participate only in the afternoon session.
* The advance assignment will be notified after your application is confirmed.
Norie Mitsuki (Art Planner, Director of NPO Art Resource Development Association)
Fumiko Mori (MUZA Kawasaki Symphony Hall)
Those who are currently active as professionals including orchestra members, professional musicians, workshop leaders, and music facilitators.
approx. 15 per day (Advance application on a first-come, first-served basis)
1,100yen (Payment must be made on the day of the training.)
*The form is only in Japanese.
Monday, July 5 – Friday, August 13, 2021
* First-come, first-served basis. The application will be closed once the application number reaches the limit.
* The training is conducted only in Japanese.
* Photography and video recording will occur during the session for our reports, publicity materials, and other communication tools including SNS.
* The program is subject to change under certain circumstances.
Please allow enough time on arrival for the security check of your belongings at the entrance.
Tokyo Bunka Kaikan, Production Section
Wednesday, August 18 2021 10:00-16:00 (Check-in 9:45)
Thursday, August 19 2021 10:00-16:00 (Check-in 9:45)