At the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan, we have been supporting young musicians to get them engaged in various activities in diverse places as professional artists. This seminar provides a beginner’s guide and useful tips carefully chosen for general working people as the first step for an artist to build a career.
About Tokyo Networking Initiative
The Tokyo Networking Initiative is a unique project of the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan to connect young artists with personnel in the cultural field in cooperation with other cultural facilities in Tokyo.
The project provides: support for outreach events by cultural institutions eager to start such activities, events for networking with the facilities experienced in supporting young artists, presentation opportunities for related projects, training for young artists, and concerts to introduce them. Through these programs, we aim to revitalize the local communities all over Tokyo with music.
Young musicians including those who are currently active as professionals and those who are aiming to build professional careers as a musician
Basic Business Etiquette and Tips to have your work flow smoothly
– Email etiquette
– Telephone etiquette
– Make sure to Greet! (meetings, interviews, dress rehearsals, on the day of your recital, after the recital)
Why is a contract necessary?
Prepare your basic self-promotion kit
– Artist Biography (how to include information you want to appeal, at least 2 versions are needed)
– Business cards
– Use a professional email address
– SNS as a means of telling your current status
Lecturer: IRIYAMA Koichi (Chief Executive Officer, AMATI Inc.)
Moderator: TANAKA Reiko (Executive Producer and Board Member, NPO Triton Arts Network)
approx. 30 (Advance application required on a first-come, first-served basis）
Thursday, October 28 – Friday, December 10 2021
* First-come, first-served basis. The application will be closed once the application number reaches the limit.
How to apply
Application Form (The form is only in Japanese.)
* The seminar is conducted only in Japanese.
* Photography and video recording will occur during the session for our reports, publicity materials, and other communication tools including SNS.
* The program is subject to change under certain circumstances.
Tokyo Bunka Kaikan, Production Section