The king of Denmark, who is Hamlet’s father, suddenly dies. The late king’s younger brother, Claudius, marries Hamlet’s mother, Queen Gertrude, and now succeeds to the Danish throne. Hamlet, deeply saddened by his father’s death and his mother’s remarriage, hears from Horatio that the ghost of Hamlet’s father appears. Hamlet goes to see the ghost and it tells Hamlet the truth about his father’s death, that Claudius poisoned him, and that Hamlet must never forgive his uncle.
Hamlet, in his anguish, decides to feign madness and find out the truth. Fearing that Hamlet is a threat to his life, Claudius devises a plot to murder him…
J.S.BACH: Prelude from Cello Suite No.1 in G ｍajor, BWV1007
RAVEL: from Pavane pour une infante defunte
KODALY: from Sonata for Solo Cello, Op.8
VIVALDI: from Cello Sonata No.3 in a minor, RV43
and more to be selected from various composers’ works
Adaptation, Direction, Art Design, and Puppet Performance: TAIRA Jo
Musical Direction and Cello: MIYATA Dai
Kuroko Stagehands: GOZU Naomi, ARAI Satomi, ARAKAWA Aiko
Music Arrangement: KOBAYASHI Kotaro
Lighting Design: MOCHIZUKI Daisuke
Sound Engineering: MORI Takaaki
Stage Manager: UEHARA Shinji
Associate Director: INAYAMA Akiko
[Tickets on sale from Saturday, September 18 2021]
S seats: 5,500 yen
A seats: 4,400 yen
B seats: 2,200 yen
Under-26 seats: 2,200 yen (The prices apply to all seat categories. Valid ID required.)
Under-19 seats: 1,100 yen (The prices apply to all seat categories. Valid ID required.)
* Tickets for Seat B is only available at the Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Box Office.
* Those who purchase tickets for Under-26s or Under-19s are required to bring their IDs on the day of the performance for age verification.
* The tickets will be on sale by following the guidelines and other regulations set by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government. Please note that the ticket sales are subject to suspension depending on the restriction of the seating capacity and the sales situation.
* The frontmost row is the row D.
* On the ticket sales starting date, the tickets will be on sale at full seating capacity.
* The program is subject to change under certain circumstances.
*Pre-school children are not allowed to attend this concert.
*Child care service is available. (Reservation and fee required. A limited number of children is accepted.)
Event Child Care Service: Mother’s 0120-788-222
Reservation must be made by 17:00 on Friday, December 10 2021
・Tokyo Bunka Kaikan Box Office
Please follow the below measures to help prevent the COVID-19 spread. Your understanding and cooperation are much appreciated.
– We ask you not to come to the venue if you seem to have symptoms such as a fever, cough, sneezing, sore throat, or simply not feeling well.
– Wear a face mask to cover your nose and mouth. Please show consideration for fellow audience members.
– Strictly follow the precautions against infectious diseases such as the cough etiquette and washing and disinfecting your hands frequently.
– Our staff members conduct temperature screening with thermal imaging cameras for all those who are entering the venue. If you have a fever of 37.5°C/99.5°F or higher, you are not allowed to enter the venue.
– No beverage is sold in the Recital Hall area.
– Show your ticket to the usher. Then tear off the stub by yourself and put it in the box.
– We do not hand out program leaflets and such printed materials. Please pick them up by yourself from specific areas.
– The cloakroom is closed except for large luggage.
– We do not accept flowers and gifts for the artists. Nor can you give them directly to the artists.
– Allow enough time to get into the venue.
Tokyo Bunka Kaikan, Production Section
Saturday, December 18 2021 14:00 (Open 13:15)
Sunday, December 19 2021 14:00 (Open 13:15)